Friday, March 25, 2011

Homemade Pastrami on Homemade Rye Review

Today for lunch I was lucky enough to have made for me a delicious pastrami on rye sandwich. But it's not just any pastrami or just any rye. Ganny made both at work. The pastrami is incredibly flavorful. It has a delicate smokiness that I'm told comes from three different smokes from three different woods at three different temperatures. Through all that comes the brine and the beef itself. Truly fantastic. From what I've heard about the process of making this pastrami it would probably have to cost upwards of $200 a pound but it would be worth it.

Then there's the bread. It is soft and full of flavor with an absolutely perfect crust. It would be wonderful on its own but it would be a crime to remove the pastrami.

I only regret that I have but one sandwich to give for my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment